These are super easy and a great snack this time of year so before you compost or bin those leftover, decorative, uncarved pumpkins from Halloween, cut ’em open and save some of those seeds! These can be seasoned with your favorite herb or spice in the kitchen. I love garlic so this time I used garlic powder. The hardest part of this recipe is getting the seeds from the pumpkin 🙂
- 1 c. pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- seasoning (your choice. Some ideas are garlic powder, chile powder, rosemary, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Rinse pumpkin seeds, pulling out remaining bits of pumpkin, and pat dry.
- Spread the seeds on a griddle pan or cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Use salt mill or fingers to generously sprinkle with salt.
- Sprinkle generously with garlic powder or your choice of seasoning.
- Use your fingers to mix up the seeds with the olive oil and seasonings; shake gently to even out the layer of seeds on the griddle pan.
- Bake for 25 min; stir; bake 5 min more.